Are you interested in attending the beautiful campus of Texas A&M, a nationally recognized institution, and looking to earn a degree from one of the premier programs of agricultural leadership, education, and communications worldwide?
Texas A&M University is noted for its comprehensive graduate degree programs. ALEC is noted for having prestige faculty to provide our graduates with the knowledge and skills to become global ready leaders in academia, industry, and public services. We offer the following degree programs:
- Master of Science (MS)/Thesis in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
- Master of Science (MS)/Non-Thesis in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
- Master of Agriculture (MAg) in Agricultural Development – Distance Education only
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Agricultural Education (joint distance program with Texas Tech University)
Our degree programs prepare students for leadership roles in professional careers in agriculture and life sciences focusing in such areas as:
- Agricultural Communications/Agricultural Journalism
- eLearning/Instructional Design
- Extension Education/Organizational Development
- International Agricultural Development
- Organizational and Community Leadership
- Teacher Education
Should your interest in our programs reach the serious stage, we welcome you to contact us.
The best way to determine if the ALEC Department is the right place for you is to have conversations. The Department will host a Prospective Student Open House every October. All prospective candidates interested in beginning graduate studies the subsequent academic year will be invited. Doctoral candidates will be required to attend to participate in faculty interviews. For information about our graduate programs and how to register to attend the open house scheduled this October 2018, visit the HOW TO APPLY page.