Are you interested in attending the beautiful campus of Texas A&M and looking to earn a degree from one of the premier programs of agricultural leadership, education, and communications worldwide?
Texas A&M University is noted for its comprehensive graduate degree programs. ALEC is noted for having prestige faculty to provide our graduates with the knowledge and skills to become global ready leaders in academia, industry, and public services. We offer the following degree programs:
- Master of Science (MS)/Thesis in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
- Master of Science (MS)/Non-Thesis in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
- Master of Agriculture (MAg) in Agricultural Development – Distance Education only
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications
Our degree programs prepare students for leadership roles in professional careers in agriculture and life sciences focusing in such areas as:
- Agricultural Communications/Agricultural Journalism
- eLearning/Instructional Design
- Extension Education/Organizational Development
- International Agricultural Development
- Organizational and Community Leadership
- Teacher Education
Should your interest in our programs reach the serious stage, we welcome you to contact us.
Graduate school is an important decision. The best way to determine if the ALEC Department is the right place for you is to have conversations. The Department will host a Prospective Student Recruitment Symposium every fall. Master’s candidates are welcome and encouraged to attend. Interested doctoral candidates who meet the minimum criteria and have submitted all required application materials by the posted deadline, including GRE scores, will be considered for an invitation to attend the recruiting symposium. The symposium provides opportunities for prospective students to meet faculty and students, attend research presentations, and the opportunity to meet other potential candidates. For information about our graduate programs and how to register to attend the 2019 Recruitment Symposium, visit the HOW TO APPLY page.