- Dr. Philip W. Shackelford
- Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist
- AGLS 128B
- (979) 845-7280
- Undergraduate Education
- B. S. Agricultural Services and Development, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX, 1993
- Graduate Education
- M.S. Agriculture Education, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX, 1998
- Ph.D. Agriculture Leadership, Education and Communication, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2014
- 2013 San Antonio Leadership Extension (SALE), Class X
- 2012 Superior Service, County Extension Agent Category
- 2011 Distinguished Service Award, National County Agriculture Agents Association
- 2009 Meritorious Service for Emergency Response, “Operation No Fences”
- Courses Taught
- ALEC 625: Program Evaluation and Organizational Accountability
- ALEC 631: Development and Planning of Community Education Programs
Program design and Program Delivery Methods
Shackelford, P.W., Murphrey, T.P., Dozier, M., Locket, L., & Ripley, J.A. (2015). Measuring Economic Impact through Adoption; A Study of the Multi County New Landowners Educational Series. (“In Press” to the Journal of Extension).
Shackelford, P.W., Matheney, K.J., Pierce, L., & Willey, S.A. (2012). An Evaluation of the Multi-County New Landowners Educational Series. P.I.L.D. Conference Presentation.
Shackelford, P.W. (2011) Assessing perceptions and attitudes related Past participants of the Multi County New Landowners Educational Program. (submitted to NACAA Journal).
Shackelford, P.W. & Murphrey, T.P. (2010). Evaluation techniques to assess behavioral changes related to the adoption of best management practices by new landowners. American Evaluation Association Presentation.
Shackelford, P.W., Calixto, A.J., Drees, B. & Nessler, P. (2010). Pasture renovation by dragging ant mounds and broadcast baiting to eliminate red imported fire ants. Presentation at the International Fire Ant Conference Presentation,
Parker, R.D., Drees, B., Nessler, P. & Shackelford, P.W. (2010). Pasture Renovation by Dragging Ant Mounds and Broadcast Baiting to Eliminate Red Imported Fire Ants. Integrated Pest Management Handbook.