- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. Animal Science, Texas A&M University, 1982
- Graduate Education
- M.S. Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University, 1983
- Ph.D. Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University, 1991
- Courses Taught
- ALED 201 - Introduction to Leadership
- ALED 301 - Personal Leadership Education
- ALED 340 - Survey of Leadership Theory
- ALED 344 - Leadership of Volunteers
- ALED 424 - Applied Ethics in Leadership
- ALEC 607 - Youth Leadership Programs
- ALEC 608 - Leadership of Volunteers
- ALEC 681 - Graduate Seminar
Research Topical Area
Instructional Design in Leadership Education, Transformational Teaching, Teaching for Critical Thinking
Survey and Correlational Research, Qualitative Methods
Student Learning in Leadership Education, Education for Global Leadership, Transformational Teaching
Boyd, B. L., Dooley, K. E., Kurten, J.S. (2016). An evaluative study on intentional teaching strategies to improve critical thinking. NACTA Journal,
Preston-Cunningham, T.* & Boyd, B. L., Elbert, C. D., Dooley, K. E., & Peck Parrott, K. (2016). What’s up with this leadership thing? Voices of African-American male college undergraduates. Journal of Leadership Education, 15(3), 53-74.
Boyd, B. L. (2015). Teaching ethics using the book Lone Survivor. Journal of Leadership Education, 14(1), 188-192.
Rosch, D., Boyd, B. L., & Duran, K. (2014). Students’ self-identified long-term leadership development goals: An analysis by gender and race. Journal of Leadership Education, 13(3), 17-33.
Boyd, B. L. (2014). Leadership that settled the frontier. Journal of Leadership Education, 13(2), 169-175.
Ferrell, S. K., Boyd, B. L., & Rayfield, J. (2013). Texas FFA officer perceptions of good followership. Journal of Leadership Education, 12(1), 174-187.