In order to grow and continuously raise the bar on our academic initiatives, the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communications (ALEC) depends on the support from former students and friends like you. Now, with help from the Texas A&M Foundation, it is even easier to give to the department through the GiveNow secure online giving site.
Our Aggie students are receiving a world-class education while participating in activities that will prepare them for a successful career, and this is all possible because of passionate supporters just like you! Remember that your investment goes beyond that of monetary support and gives us a firm foundation upon which we build the future agricultural leaders, educators, and communicators of tomorrow.
ALEC currently has several online opportunities in which to give. Read about these opportunities below and consider making an investment in our students and faculty.
- Grand Vision – This account provides for construction of the Agriculture and Workforce Education Building on the RELLIS campus, a collaborative effort of The Texas A&M University System, Texas A&M Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communications, and Blinn College. This facility is the future home of Texas A&M’s agricultural science program, which prepares and places agricultural science teachers into high school classrooms across the state of Texas, and Blinn’s academic and workforce training offerings, which range from advanced manufacturing, welding, carpentry and HVAC to plumbing, electrical and Blinn’s high-demand commercial truck driver training.
- Debbie King Scholarship – This scholarship was created by three former students of the department who wanted to honor our very own Debbie King, a long-time employee of ALEC, and support an agricultural science student during their student-teaching semester.
- Douglas P. Starr Endowed Scholarship – This newly created scholarship honors the legacy of former Texas A&M journalism professor Doug Starr, who recently celebrated his 90th birthday. This account will provide one or more scholarships to full-time students pursuing a degree in agricultural journalism or journalism at Texas A&M.
- Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communications Excellence Fund – This fund is used at the discretion of the department head to support the teaching, research, outreach and Extension needs of the department.
- COADC Dr. Joe D. Townsend ’67 ALEC Leadership Fellows Program – Funds for this program are used to impact student learning by funding activities that support advanced undergraduate study in leadership.
- Agricultural Leadership and Development Endowed Fund for Excellence – Gifts to this account are used to support programs in agricultural leadership and development, including travel, student organizations, equipment, etc.
- Agricultural Journalism Endowed Fund for Excellence – Gifts to this account are used to help insure excellence in the agricultural communications and journalism program through professorships, equipment and facilities, student enrichment activities, scholarships, and faculty development.
Ways to Give
There are an unlimited number of ways you can give back and support the mission of our department. If you prefer to establish your own unique gift in ALEC, the Texas A&M Foundation can assist in helping you tailor your gift to fit your short- or long-term charitable goals.