Master of Agriculture (MAg) – Distance Education only
Students pursuing careers in fields such as agricultural leadership, instructional design or rural community development might seek the Master of Agriculture in Agricultural Development. The program prepares individuals for leadership roles in education, natural resource management, cooperative extension service, and many other professional careers in agriculture and life sciences. The program is generally completed at a distance.
- Non-thesis degree program – emphasizes the development of problem-solving skills involved in applying science and technology to benefit humanity.
- Requires completion of 36 semester credit hours, (half may consists of courses in the department).
- Residence requirement of 12 semester hours of coursework must be completed during the program as distance education.
- Degree plans will vary considerably and are generally unique for each individual.
- An internship is a unique feature of the MAg program. To demonstrate problem solving capabilities, a professional internship may be completed to provide meaningful, applied, and practical experience. An internship is generally completed at the end of formal coursework, and involves either paid or un-paid employment with a cooperating business or agency. One to three credits may be earned for the internship and professional goals.
- A professional paper is required.
The Cost of Distance Education
Tuition and fees for distance education programs can vary significantly depending on factors such as Texas or out-of-state residency, and other costs necessary to deliver a course. The following figures are general estimates of tuition and fees for a 3 credit hour course and are based on the latest rate structure. The exact total for tuition and fees will be calculated by the University and may be subject to change each semester.
In-State Students — $2,100.00 Out-of-State Students — $3,500.00
Most distance education students qualify for the Financial Aid. You may obtain more information about financial assistance from the Scholarships and Financial Aid Office.