New Program Coordinator Baldwin Hopes to Increase Alumni Relations

By: Mollie Lastovica

In an effort to increase alumni relations, the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications welcomes program coordinator Ambrya Baldwin.. A Gainesville, Fla., native, she is married to Aron Baldwin and they have a four-year-old son, Eli.  Baldwin graduated in 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Florida, where she also worked as alumni assistant.

“That position gave me a mix of event planning and publicity and how to tie those into alumni relations,” Baldwin said.

As program coordinator, she will reach out to former students who have expressed interest in becoming involved in the department, while encouraging those who have been distant to increase involvement.

“This position was created because there is a good amount of interest from former students who want to be connected to the department in some way,” Baldwin said. “I will facilitate that connection by creating opportunities to disseminate information about what the department is doing to former students and stakeholders in the community.”

While she began in the department on Jan. 7, Baldwin has already delved into her responsibilities with both short and long term goals in sight. She hopes to create new events for the Fall semester and find innovative ways to engage former students.

“Right now, I am focusing on learning about the college and the department and their history,” Baldwin said. “I will bring in fresh ideas for the website to help reach out to former students. Long term, I want to set up ways for former students to constantly be connected to our department and reach new heights in the level of interaction between former students and the department.”

She is complementary of the hospitality shown within the department so far.

“Everyone has been welcoming and helpful and people are excited about the ideas that I am bringing,” Baldwin said. “There are so many opportunities and I am excited about planning events and meeting former students so that I can really do something within the department to connect them.”

To find out how to get involved or to stay connected with the department, you can contact Baldwin at 979-458-0193.