Meet new University Studies- Leadership Studies adviser, Christine Arnold

By: Mollie Lastovica

The ALEC department is excited to welcome Christine Arnold to the advising staff. Arnold began working Nov. 1 as the adviser for university studies—leadership, while also assisting with advising for agricultural leadership and development and periodically teaching ALED courses.

“I decided I wanted to be an adviser while I was a T.A. in grad school,” Arnold said. “I realized that I enjoyed working with college students, I like people and I like to help. It fit my personality and what I wanted to do.”

Arnold graduated from Texas A&M with a master’s in agricultural education in 2006 after receiving her bachelor’s degree in poultry science in 2004. During her undergraduate tenure, she was a member of the national champion poultry judging team. Arnold worked, most recently, as an adviser for both the Departments of Atmospheric Science and Oceanography.

“I came back to ALEC, because it is home,” Arnold said. “The College of Ag is really supportive of advisors and faculty and it is student oriented, as it should be. This is a great place to work.”

Her husband, Felix, also works as an adviser in the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences. They have two young children, Logan and Claire.

“They are the center of my world,” Arnold said. “When I am at work, I am committed to my job, but when I go home, I am ‘Mom.’”

Arnold is excited about the opportunity to serve students in the department and encourages them to use her as a source of guidance throughout their undergraduate careers.

“We are working together,” Arnold said. “I expect students to have some knowledge of their degree plan and I will do my best to help them plan out courses and get them on the right track. Don’t hesitate to ask questions, that’s what I am here for. Take the time to ask questions so we can work together toward the same goal.”